Wednesday 20 April 2016

1 Poem by Cassie Guinan

Three Point Stance
Parts 1 & 2 

“I [had] come back to [my apartment to take off my tall white shoes. Really, I left] the hotel for [a few reasons.] [Online I am] find[ing] you [flattering and persistent and a little weird; it’s nice in a way,] but I didn’t [expect you would write to me from France – I] saw you [red-cheeked in many pictures at dance clubs with your friends]. I [rarely] spend [my money on nights like that, but I’m sure that I had a] really good time with you and I wish [that I remembered a little more. It’s not like I will ever] meet you another time. Too bad we did not [speak the same language. When I] review [the night over in my head, I] either [question myself how it happened, or laugh that it ever did]. I asked [myself that morning when] the hotel manager [came] to tell [me that] you [would be back at noon , if I should really want] to wait[,] because [then] I [could have some of those questions answered. But instead I] finished [sleeping then, because I had to work] at [four, and I didn’t want to lay around the suite until] noon and [to be fair, I didn’t know what I would say to] you [anyway, because we] were no longer [in that same frame of mind as the night before].” 

Part 1 
“I come back to hotel for find you but I didn’t saw you. I spend really good time with you and I wish meet you another time. Too bad we did not review either. I asked the hotel manager to tell you to wait because I finished at noon and you were no longer.” 

Part 2 
had my apartment to take off my tall white shoes. 
Really, I left a few reasons. Online I am ing flattering 
and persistent and a little weird; it’s nice in a way, 
expect you would write to me from France–I red-cheeked 
in many pictures at dance clubs with your friends 
rarely my money on nights like that, but I’m sure that 
I had a that I remembered a little more. 
It’s not like I will ever speak the same language. 
When I the night over in my head, I question myself 
how it happened, or laugh that it ever did 
myself that morning when came me that would be 
back at noon , if I should really want, then could have 
some of those questions answered. But instead 
I sleeping then, because I had to work four, 
and I didn’t want to lay around the suite until to be fair, 
I didn’t know what I would say to anyway, because 
we in that same frame of mind as the night before 

No comments:

Post a Comment