Wednesday 20 April 2016

3 Poems by Erren Geraud Kelly

Twentynine Palms, California

ruby slippers lie
in the desert like
quarter notes
maybe a little girl
was here
a lovely desert
rose?
if no one hears the
sound
is it still music? 


59th Street Bridge, New York City 

a girl I know lives not far
from the bridge
she makes me take my shoes
off
every time I come over
and I love coming over
to watch the breeze in
her walk
her body is a soprano
saxophone
I hear the islands when
she talks
she tells stories with
her camera
but she is still a mystery
the best stories are
the ones yet to be
told
even after all these years
I think of walking hand in
hand with her over that
bridge
taking her in my arms
and loving her till the
tears flow
I wonder does she know
if it wasn't for her
I might jump off
the bridge
to see if I could
fly
but the thought of
her face
and the music of
words
wil always keep me high
and so I walk over the
bridge
a saxophone song like a
poem
that always leads me to
her 


A Kiss

It was a kiss
But nothing to stop
The presses
Over
Even if the tide stopped
And the lights over the
Desert
Paled next to your
Skin
It was no big deal
Though i admit
For a moment i thought
Through your lips
Destiny revealed itself
To me 


Bionote

I am a pushcart nominated poet based in Los Angeles. I have been writing for 25 years and have over 100 publications in print and online in such publications as Hiram Poetry Review, Mudfish, Poetry Magazine(online), Ceremony, Cactus Heart,Similar Peaks, Gloom Cupboard, Poetry Salzburg and other publications. My most recent publication was in " In Our Own Words," a Generation X poetry anthology; I was also published in other anthologies such as " Fertile Ground," Beyond The Frontier " and other anthologies. My Work can also been seen on Youtube under the " Gallery Cabaret," links. I am also the author of the chapbook, " Disturbing The Peace," on Night Ballet Press. I recieved my B.A. in English-Creative Writing from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge. I also love to read and I love to travel, having visited 45 states and Canada and Europe. The themes in my writings vary, but i have always had a soft spot for subjects and people who are not in the mainstream. But i never limit myself to anything, i always try to keep an open mind. 

1 comment:

  1. I miss you Erren..my lost freind..wish u could of seen me as smart

    ReplyDelete